Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes (GF,DF,LC,Paleo friendly)


This is so yummy!
I have been meaning to post this,but I didn't have the time.So yummy though!
Adding just a sprinkle of salt to anything seems to make it better!

Anyway here it is!


I wish I could have got better photos,but it was hot and the icing or coconut cream was melting.It still tasted good though!

 

These kinda had a coffee flavor,but I think it's because I used Cacao.



Chocolate Cupcakes:
1/2 c. coconut flour
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
Sweetener to taste
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c. coconut oil or butter
5 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp caramel extract
(Slight malfunction up above)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all the dry ingredients and blend well. Add the dry and wet ingredients and blend until smooth. Grease and fill a cupcake tin 2/3rds full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes or refrigerate them before frosting.
Topping:
Coconut Cream from one can of refrigerated can of full fat coconut milk or use enough for the cupcakes heavy whipping cream.(You can eat what's left!)
1/2 tsp caramel extract

Caramel sauce (I used one I had on hand)

Whip coconut cream till it has a whipped cream consistency.Add extract then refrigerate for about 30 minutes.Get cupcakes and frost how you would like.Melt the caramel sauce of choice and drizzle over tops.(How much you like!)Salt with how much you like.I used a rock salt grinder.

If you want to know about some of the ingredients then please go to the resources page above.^_^

Eat up!



No comments:

Post a Comment