Friday, October 31, 2014

Paleo Vanilla Blackberry Scones

Maybe it's just me,but I love these scones! I like vanilla though...which isn't a bad thing. I think they would have been better,but I bought some coconut milk today and it was frozen. So now I have watery and separated coconut milk that I yet to take back to the store. I was looking and comparing coconut milks. The canned kind is nice,but it is costly. I looked for ones without carrageenan and I found one. It is So Delicious. The brand ha ha. Here it is. I don't know about their other products. Compared to other brands this one is USDA organic too. They have coupons too! Anyway to these yummy delicious scones!







 

Paleo Vanilla Blackberry Scones   


  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder *see note*
  • 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia drops or sweetener to taste
  • 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
  • the seeds of 1/2 a vanilla bean
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup blackberries (can use frozen)
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine and mix dry ingredients in bowl. In seperate bowl combine and mix wet ingredients. Combine together. Make a thick circle shape about 1" thick. Cut into triangles. Arrange on baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Let cool and enjoy!


*NOTE*
I used 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. You can use homemade too. Here is a recipe for a homemade baking powder. Mine seemed thicker than 1" and I used vinegar. These are also sorta small.

No comments:

Post a Comment