Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Blueberry Ice Cream Sandwiches (Gluten Free,Low Carb,Paleo,and GrainFree)


What goes great with summer?

ICE CREAM!!!


It seems as if everyone is in an ice cream craze.I can see why...it's hot.Lets just say I don't like the sun beating down on me.I still get in the mood for ice cream even though usually stay inside.I recently got an ice cream maker and I can't even figure it out!Everytime it just turns to slush!Maybe it's because it is coconut milk...I'm not sure.
I decided to make these and use whipped coconut cream instead of ice cream.I had some blueberries so I was like "How about blueberry ice cream sandwiches?".They turned out really good!It may be just because I wanted ice cream,but let's get to the yum!


I like blueberries...


Ingredients:


3 Large Eggs
1/4 cup of heavy cream or coconut cream
1/3 cup stevia or sweetener to taste
5 tablespoons of coconut flour
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
Dash of vannila extract
About 1/8 cup - 1/4 cup of milk of choice (If your dough is too dry,I added some)

1 can of Coconut Cream
Or
1 can of coconut milk refrigerated overnight

Instructions:


Preheat oven to 300 degrees.Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.In a large bowl,whisk together eggs,sweetener,vanilla,and cream until well mixed.Sift the coconut flour into the egg mixture and mix until smooth.(Optional,this just makes it easier to mix)Wait for a few minutes until thick.Add the blueberries and milk.Drop 1 tablespoon sized cookies onto cookie sheet.(You can make them bigger if you would like!)Flatten into cookies.Bake until golden with golden brown edges or until you think they are ready.It took mine about 20 minutes.Let cool enough to handle then transfer to fridge to get firm and cool.Follow instructions for filling below.
Sandwich 1 tablespoon of filling between 2 cookies.Put in freezer overnight or until you think they are ready to eat.

Coconut Cream Filling:


Take out coconut cream from can of coconut milk.(You may need more depending on how much you get)I used just canned coconut cream and I used the whole can because I use what is left over for another time.Use hand mixer or mixer and beat until fluffy and stiff peaks start to form.I stick mine in the fridge to firm up so it's easy to put on the cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment