Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Gluten Free Low Carb Rolls & Dairy Free for a Few Days

I never realized how hard it would be...because I love cheese...
                  
                  
                  

So I decided to test how I would do dairy free for a few days since I am allergic to dairy,but I like to ignore it.I failed already today.I was making some donuts that have butter in them.Well,besides that I
am actually feeling pretty good right now.I am gonna do this for three days and see how I do.If I feel better though,am I gonna go back to eating dairy?! Come on!Maybe I should just dedicate like two or three days a week to have dairy.I probably won't...what do I do?I mean I know there are substitutes,but I love cream cheese.As in like cheesecakes and there is a cheesecake that I made in my fridge now.I want a slice,but just no.

Well,anyways....I decided to post the recipe for the rolls I promised!I made them today with shortening instead of butter.Why didn't I use coconut oil?I was out at the time and well I couldn't use butter.These are kinda sweet,but I like to make mini sandwiches out of them.First time I had a sandwich with one of these I was like "Its been so long!". I just like the how they are sorta sweet;I think those make the best sandwiches.You can just have them as dinner rolls or you can make mini sandwiches.These would be great with soup!They are also full of fiber.I did do a tablespoon of sugar to make the yeast do it's thing because last time it didn't rise to much at all.You have to make about to batches of my Gluten Free Flour Mix.Yum...

Ready for the Oven!


Gluten Free Low Carb Rolls or Buns for Mini Sandwiches >_< 

   

                                                          Bake Me!

Ingredients

2 1/4 teaspoon or 1 packet of active dry yeast
1/4 cup of lukewarm water
1 tablespoon of sugar preferably raw
1 cup warm almond milk,coconut milk,or a blend of both
3 tablespoons of melted butter or coconut oil,slightly cooled
1/8 cup of stevia or sweetener to taste
1 cup of My Gluten Free Flour Mix + 3 more cups
Just one egg (That's a first!)
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Instructions

Put yeast,sugar,and warm water in mixer bowl,stir.Let sit for about 10 minutes or until really foamy.
Once yeast is ready add warm milk,melted fat,and sweetener.Stir with paddle attachment.Put the paddle attachment on mixer and add in 1 cup of the flour mix.Mix on medium and scrape the sides of the bowl.It should be a pancake batter consistency.Add in the egg,salt,and baking powder.Mix some more on medium until combined.Add the flour mix 1 cup at a time on mixing on medium and scraping the sides of the bowl.You should end up with a nice dough.Lay some parchment or plastic wrap on the counter and oil it so the dough does stick.Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.In the meantime,wash the same bowl or get a new one and oil the bowl.After the 10 minutes are up,place dough in the bowl and cover with towel.Place in the oven or microwave and let rest for 1 hour.Have a surface oiled.Once hour is up get the dough out of the bowl and put on surface.Pound and knead some.Flatten out some and place plastic wrap over and roll out to a square that is 1/2 an inch thick.Look for a size enough to make 18 rolls.Cut out rolls in desired shape.(I made mine kinda square)Place parchment on cookie sheet and place rolls onto sheet.Cover with towel and place in the oven.(Unless you have a big microwave...)Let rise for another hour.Once hour is up,take out and uncover.Preheat oven to 350 degrees?Once oven is ready,put in oven.Let bake 15-18 minutes or until golden on the bottom.(It's hard to tell on top)Then take out and baste with butter or oil then,enjoy!

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment