Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Paleo Strawberry Crumb Bars (GF,CF,& LC)

So lately I have been having problems with my face breaking out or I keep getting scratches on my face. I changed from olive oil to coconut oil in my oil cleansing because of these lovely winter months. Well, that I believe clogged up my pores... Now I am using 3/4 part of olive oil and 1/4 part of castor oil. I seem to be doing better, but I still have scratches on my face. The first one on my forehead I am not so sure about, but the second well...
My brother was watching a YouTube video on my mother's computer because my mom took her iPad to work with her. He usually spends his whole day watching videos or playing video games as well as my other brother. As he was watching this video the computer froze and stayed that way for like a whole day till I hit the switch to turn it off because it was not doing anything. The monitor kept saying that it wasn't receiving any video to display. So I take the panel off the side of the computer and see if any wires were shorted and to clean the ram. Well...as I was getting the panel off I kinda had to fight with it. I hit myself in the face with it and I got a small cut like scratch on my upper lip. It didn't bruise thank goodness because it probably would have bruised my nose too. I am alive though! Haha! Sadly, though I couldn't fix it. I tried though. That may be why the pictures may not be straight or the writing looks different. Anyway after listening to my story of not very much pain, but many scratches...Let's get to the recipe!


Strawberry Crumb Bars

Crust:
2 cups of Almond Flour
1/4 cup of coconut oil
Sweetener to taste *See Note*
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a pan with parchment paper.* In a bowl mix together all crust ingredients. Press into bottom of pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top.

Strawberry center:
2 cups of strawberries frozen or fresh
1 cup of water or possibly more
Sweetener to taste
Coconut flour or thickener of choice

While crust is baking add strawberries and water to pot on medium heat. Wait till strawberries have cooked some and become soft. Take immersion blender and blend till it looks like tomato sauce. Add sweetener. I added little by little of coconut flour till it was thick enough. Don't let it be too thick, but just enough to coat your spoon and drip off slowly.

Topping: 
I don't have measurements for this because I did it kinda randomly so do it to your preference.
Pecans *See note*
Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Almond flour
Coconut oil

Put in food processor and pulse till crumbly. Don't over pulse or you may end up with nut butter.

Final Assembly:
Pour strawberry sauce over crust and sprinkle crumb topping evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nuts on top are toasted.



Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment